The price of bitcoin is determined by the bid price – the maximum price that a buyer is willing to pay and the asking price – the minimum price that a seller is willing to charge. With each new trade being made, the bitcoin price is all the time changing. Here you can view the latest BTC / USD price change on the bitcoin price live chart to stay up to date in the currency market
Bitcoin Price Live Chart
Bitcoin Price Volatility
Volatility is measured by the volatility index. It aims to watch the volatility of bitcoin by market cap at various periods. The price of bitcoin has long gone through diverse cycles referred to by way of some bubbles and busts. The price of Bitcoin fluctuates every moment because it is determined by the transactions of buyers and sellers.
- In 2011 the cost of one BTC hotly rose from $0.30 to $32.
- Also in November 2013, the price rose to an all-time high of $1,242.
- But in January 2015, the rate had dropped to $220.
- As of April 2016, bitcoin is beginning to look slightly stronger than gold.
- On 3 March 2017, the fee of a bitcoin handed the value of gold for the primary time and its price surged to an all-time excessive.
- On 17 August 2017, the price has another time reached the highest level of $4,500.
- In December 2017, bitcoin reached an all-time high of $18,000.
- But, in November 2018, bitcoin suffered its biggest drop in several years to $4,000.
- Nevertheless, in 2020, bitcoin regained strength and reached the $18,000 level again.
- In 2021, bitcoin reached an all-time high of $67,500 again.
- In 2022, bitcoin fell to $16000.
- At the start of 2023, the price of bitcoin reaches $28,000.
You May Also Like